Parents for Players (P4P), is group of parents or family members of club- level players from soccer and other sports teams. We work to raise funds that pay player’s allowable fees and related expenses at the American Airlines Center (AAC) in Dallas Texas. Parents for Players is not a business entity,. We are simply family members of players who want to make a difference in our children's lives.
Parents for Players benefits our club teams by assuming all of the responsibilities related to operating concession stands at the American Airline Center in Dallas Texas. We work in partnership with the AAC Food Service contractor, Levy Restaurants and are required to formalize our commitment to Levy by signed contract. The Levy Restaurants' contract requires our parents to:
- be at least 18 years of age, and
- raise funds on behalf of a 501(c) 3 organization, and
- attend all required Levy Restaurant training including "Creating Legends", any safety, sanitation, and food service training that might be offered during the course of the season, and
- be fully and properly certified to serve alcoholic beverages by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) and
- take absolute and full responsibility servicing and managing the product quality, profit and loss in a designated concession stand for the entire season, and
- follow the rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the Levy organization, and
- staff all of the events scheduled at the American Airlines Center 12 months each year). A contract year is from September to August. The number of active volunteers determines how many events each volunteer is required to work per month. A greater number of people make the requirement “doable” for most people.
In return, 10% (11% for multiple stands) of the net sales are donated to the Parents for Players volunteers’ club teams used to pay the above mentioned fees. Last season, our parents were able to raise the equivalent of full funding for 20 players.
More Details -
In addition to their work at the AAC, three to four parents take the leadership role and assume full responsibility for the administration and , operation of this entire fundraising process. All funds flow directly back to the clubs through the volunteers with exception to:
- $1.00 per event deduction to subsidize expenses and,
- yearly donation of $500 to our sponsor club.
Prior to working at the AAC, volunteers must:
- complete a 15 minute online pre-work session
- have a current TABC certification. The TABC certification is offered in both a classroom and on-line format. Classes are offered regularly throughout the Metro-plex and cost between $20 and $30 depending on the provider. The certification is good for two (2) years.
- complete the Levy Restaurants Orientation Training - Creating Legends. The number of open spots for new volunteers is limited by Levy and space is available based on timing of sign up and completion of the requirements listed above.
We totally enjoy the camaraderie and sense of community with other parents who have players in soccer.